Every avenue is explored in arranging these tailor-made, hand-picked trips. W & W consults local naturalists, environmentalists and conservationists, as well as tapping into local knowledge to create individual itineraries which allow clients to experience nature in the raw — wildlife and wilderness first hand and with no expense spared.
Dr. Steve Banner, Director of Wildlife & Wilderness explains: “We always describe our trips as intelligent itineraries irrespective of budget, because we always want guests to have the best opportunities observing wildlife and experiencing the wilderness. With our Ultimate Experiences, we are taking this one step further by introducing once in a lifetime trips, ideal for those on sabbatical, empty nesters or even honeymooners.”
He continues, “We are passionate about our wild places and we want people to get away and experience them, whatever it takes – time, budget, energy or imagination. We are confident these itineraries are a new offering in the wildlife and wilderness marketplace.”
So what makes these trips so special? Guests are guaranteed some of the best wildlife and wilderness encounters the globe has to offer – soaring mountains, rugged coastlines, teaming wetlands or primeval forests. These crafted itineraries make sure visitors have the time and opportunity to discover the landscape, experience the scenery and learn about the wildlife or the untouched and unspoiled flora and fauna in some of the world’s bio-diverse hotspots.
“We will do whatever it takes for our clients to get up close and personal with nature, where wildlife outnumbers people and where mankind plays second fiddle to the rhythms of the wild,” Banner reiterates. “Whatever budget or extended time frame people have, we have an ultimate Wildlife and Wilderness experience that will work for them.”
EXAMPLE: ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE: NEW ZEALAND’S WILDLIFE & WILDERNESS
From the lush rolling hills and rainforests of North Island to the rugged landscapes and soaring mountain ranges of South Island, New Zealand offers some of the world’s most dramatic and beautiful landscapes and is home to an amazing array of wildlife.
This Ultimate Experience package includes 26 night’s accommodation with meals, tours, 22 days car hire, Inter-island ferry, all transfers, Stewart Island flights, domestic flights from Dunedin to Auckland and international flights (including all taxes) on Air New Zealand.
Prices start from £7,825 per person. Best time for travel is October – April.
• Discover the pristine rainforests home to ancient Kauri, Rimu and Rata trees and see glow worms in historic gold caves.
• Explore Mokoia Island, New Zealand’s largest inland wildlife sanctuary and Whirinaki Rainforest – home to rare forest birds including the North Island kaka, both red and yellow crowned kakariki and kereru and the endangered karearea or New Zealand falcon.
• Closer to Wellington, genuine Maori hospitality awaits on Kapiti Island – see the little spotted kiwi in its natural habitat.
• Enjoy R&R at a unique property in the Riwaka Valley – set in 50 acres of native bush and bordering two National Parks – from here experience the mountains of the Kahurangi, the stunning coastlines of the Abel Tasman and the wetlands of Farewell Spit.
• Examine the rugged West Coast – where a dramatically different New Zealand emerges. Designated a world heritage area this region boasts 5 of New Zealand’s 14 national parks and almost 600km of coastline blanketed in temperate coastal forest and sculpted by the wild Tasman Sea.
• Be amazed by the mighty Pancake Rocks and Blowholes, visit white heron and fur seal colonies, look out for dolphins and penguins and marvel at some of nature’s natural wonders such as Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers.
• Experience the very best of native flora and fauna with magnificent lake and mountain views and take to the skies for a breathtaking Milford Sound experience in Queenstown.
• Wonder at the prolific birdlife and peaceful sanctuary away from the modern world on Stewart Island .
• Discover one of New Zealand’s lesser known yet most outstanding regions, The Catlins. The beaches, estuaries and headlands here are home to sea lions, seals, penguins and other abundant birdlife, all of which can be experienced on a guided walk in Curio and Porpoise Bay.
• Finally, visit the Otago Peninsula. Steeped in natural history and an exciting haven for wildlife, this region boasts the only mainland northern royal albatross colony in the world. Spot dolphins, sea lions and a fascinating array of rarely seen ocean birds including other species of albatross, penguins and marine mammals in their natural environment.
For more information about the Ultimate Experiences please see http://www.wildlifewilderness.com/ultimate-experiences.asp or call 0845 00 44 599.
About Wildlife & Wilderness
Wildlife & Wilderness is a team of enthusiastic professionals that design tailor-made wildlife trips and safari holidays for individuals, couples, families and private groups to some of the world’s most inspiring destinations.
The company was founded 16 years ago by Dr. Steve Banner, a biologist with a life-long enthusiasm for nature and wild places together with some reasonably serious independent adventure travel experiences having trekked and climbed in numerous countries.
Wildlife & Wilderness is committed to sustainable tourism that minimises environmental and cultural impact and rewards local enterprises.
For more information about Wildlife & Wilderness please visit www.wildlifewilderness.com or call 0845 0044 599.