agoda.com, a leading global hotel booking site and part of Nasdaq-listed Priceline Group (Nasdaq: PCLN), today announced some great value deals in the sparkling coastal capital of Cape Town.
Cape Town is fast becoming one of the world’s hottest travel destinations. Rich cultural history and striking scenery set the stage for the full gamut of holiday pursuits, from fine dining to museum hopping to adventure sports.
Beyond the dazzling V&A Waterfront and the commanding silhouette of Table Mountain, here are five essential activities for the ultimate Cape Town experience.
– Explore wine country Cape Town’s outlying vineyards produce some of the New World’s boldest wines. The oldest and most famous vineyards are in Stellenbosch, Constantia Valley and Franschhoek Valley, where gabled cottages gleam against towering mountain ranges. Travelers can explore via established wine routes starting from Cape Town, or invert the experience and base their city expeditions from a wine country guesthouse.
– Tour Robben Island A guided tour of this famous prison island provides an enlightening glimpse into South Africa’s political history, having held inmates for more than 400 years. In addition to its cultural significance, Robben Island is also ecologically important, protected by UNESCO and home to colonies of seals and African penguins.
– Pursue the views Signal Hill, Lion’s Head and the plateau of Table Mountain all offer spectacular views of Cape Town and beg to be ascended in some manner. Each has its own unique back-story and its own hiking trails to the summit, the historic Table Mountain Aerial Cable Car offering a dizzying ride to the top for those not inclined to trek.
– Swing by the seaside Cape Town has numerous beaches offering a variety of different coastal environments. There are the timber beach huts of St. James and Muizenberg, where Cape Town’s surfing scene is said to have originated, there’s the popular Fish Hoek beach, where locals and travelers come to sail, swim and fish, then there are the picturesque shores of the Atlantic seaboard, where the northern aspect offers sunset views.
– Go on safari Anywhere in Africa travelers know they’re within reach of the world’s most wild and captivating displays of nature. Cape Town visitors can get a taste of this at one of several private game reserves within a few hours’ drive of the city. Aside from spotting wildlife, many reserves also hold examples of ancient rock art amid spectacular mountain terrain.
To help travelers experience an unforgettable adventure in Cape Town, agoda.com has secured the following deals across the capital.
agoda.com hotel Cape Town deals
Cape Town Lodge Hotel 4*
From USD 147 per night. 25% discount. Minimum stay 4 nights. Book before March 31, 2012. Non-refundable rate.
The Capetonian Hotel 4*
From USD 59 per night. 75% discount. Valid until January 2013.
Radisson Blu Waterfront Cape Town 4*
From USD 399 per night. 10% discount. Minimum stay 3 nights. Valid until December 24, 2012.
The Commodore Hotel 4*
From USD 255 per night. 10% discount. Valid until December 31, 2012.
Adderley Hotel Cape Town 4*
From USD 112 per night. 10% discount. Book before August 24, 2012.
African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel 5*
From USD 237 per night. 30% discount. Minimum stay 5 nights. Valid until December 31, 2012.
Protea Hotel Vineyards Estate 3*
From USD 131 per night. 25% discount. Minimum stay 4 nights. Valid until July 30, 2012.
27 Bellevue Street 2*
From USD 18 per night. 20% discount. Non-refundable rate. Valid until July 13, 2012.
Fish Hoek Luxury Self-Catering Apartments 4*
From USD 98 per night. Last-Minute Rate: 40% discount – must book at least 2 nights within 3 days of check-in date. Valid until December 9, 2012.
Winchester Mansions 4*
From USD 177 per night. Pay 3 nights, stay 4 nights – minimum stay 4 nights. Valid until September 25, 2012.
Note to Editors
About Agoda Company Pte Ltd:
Agoda Company Pte Ltd (agoda.com) is a leading Asia-based, online hotel reservations company, which specializes in securing the lowest discount hotel prices. Agoda.com is part of Priceline Group (Nasdaq:PCLN). Agoda.com’s network includes more than 170, 000 hotels worldwide. The multinational staff of more than 800 professionals, located throughout the world, provides a first-rate reservation service that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travelers.
In addition, agoda.com customers participate in the agoda.com Rewards Program, earning further discounts and free stays. Unlike programs that limit travelers to a single chain, the agoda.com Rewards Program allows customers to redeem Rewards Points at thousands of hotels around the globe, at any time. A member of the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA), agoda.com’s aim is to promote travel by making it more affordable and more accessible to more people.