Seychelles boasts most expensive hotel in the world(Forimmediaterelease.net) The world’s most expensive luxury hotel has been identified and the distinction goes to the Seychelles’ North Island Lodge.
Luxury-Hotels.com made this discovery after compiling the results of its latest survey. The survey specifically examined the rates of luxury hotels worldwide during the main summer holiday month of August 2013.
To stay at the North Island Lodge, which is located a 15-minute helicopter ride from the Seychelles’ main Mahe Island, a couple will have to spend a jaw-dropping $5843 per night. At that rate, the lodge easily outranks the number two finisher, the Laucala Resort. This luxury hotel on Fiji’s Laucala Island comes in at $5040 nightly.
A second hotel from the Seychelles, the Maia Luxury Resort&Spa, also made a showing on the list. With an average overnight rate of $2238, this resort, which is located at Anse Louis on the southwest coast of Mahe Island, ranks fifteenth most expensive in the world.
Following are the world’s 10 most expensive hotels. The rates listed reflect the average nightly price a couple has to spend to stay at each respective resort for the period spanning August 1–31, 2013.
1. North Island Lodge (Seychelles) $5843
2. Laucala Resort (Fiji) $5040
3. Khwai River Lodge (Botswana) $4060
4. Savute Elephant Camp (Botswana) $4020
5. Eagle Island Camp (Botswana) $3970
6. Singita Grumeti Reserves (Tanzania) $3570
7. King Pacific Lodge (Canada) $3249
8. Mnemba Island Lodge (Tanzania) $3100
9. Hotel Cala di Volpe (Italy) $2939
10. Queen Charlotte Lodge (Canada) $2800
For the full results of the survey, visit: www.luxury-hotels.com/press/survey-2013.html