As a part of the continuous development of SAS’ service concept, SAS has developed the onboard food and beverage offering to improve the customer experience. The adjustments follow a broad customer survey and are introduced from beginning of March and onwards.
In June 2013 SAS launched the new service concept SAS Go & Plus which has been overall well-received by SAS customers. A customer survey, with more than 4500 respondents, shows that the customers appreciate SAS Go & Plus for its simplicity and 85% of the customers are positive or neutral to the concept. Furthermore, they suggest to streamline and improve the offering additionally.
There are three main initiatives in the development of SAS Go & Plus: Improvements of the food and beverage offering; adjustments of onboard concept and clarification of the difference between SAS Go & SAS Plus.
– We introduced SAS Go & Plus to make travel easier for our customers. By clarifying and improving our on board offering we want to ensure a pleasant and joyful overall experience for customers when they choose SAS says Snorre
Andresen, Vice President Product Management and Development at SAS.
The first changes to the onboard concept come into effect 1 March and again on 20 March. The improvements of meals are ongoing.
Facts about improvements and adjustments
SAS improves food experience on board
SAS customers appreciate proper meals on longer flights, and snacks and beverages on shorter flights. SAS reduces the number of menu variants and introduces a more clear concept for flights within Europe: one for the Nordic region and one for flights to Europe.
· SAS Plus includes a new evening meal and drinks served in classic Orreforsglass
· Warm bread with the meal.
· The cafe offers a selection of fresh food, such as sandwiches salads and hot wraps.
· The cafe menu is continually updated with seasonal news.
Improvements and adjustments to intercontinental onboard offerings
The dining experience will be enhanced on intercontinental flights for SAS Go & Plus and Business.
· All meals will be renewed or enhanced and the food presentation improved with new design and packaging.
· Along with other treats, pre-departure champagne will be re-introduced in Business. SAS Go includes pre-departure still water and one non-alcoholic drink together with meals. Alcoholic beverages are included in SAS Business and Plus, and are for sale in SAS Go.
SAS clarifies the difference between SAS Go and Plus
SAS Plus includes everything, also food and drinks onboard, and with SAS Go food and drinks are for purchase.
· Breakfast included in SAS Plus and available for purchase in SAS Go. It is possible to buy breakfast with EuroBonus points.
· Coffee, tea and newspaper are as always included for all travelers with SAS.