Home News New terror attack as Thomas Cook sets Tunisia date

New terror attack as Thomas Cook sets Tunisia date

0
SHARE

Operator cancels Tunisia program until February 13 next year
Thomas Cook says it aims to restart flights and holidays to Tunisia on February 14, 2016. A day after it made the announcement, two terrorists shot dead a Tunisian police officer in the resort of Sousse, close to where 30 tourists were killed on the beach in June.
The tour operator, like many others, cancelled its program for the rest of the summer following June’s deadly attack. Cook originally cancelled its program up until the end of October, with customers able to amend or cancel free of charge. This has now been extended to February 13 next year.
“The [British] Foreign & Commonwealth Office has confirmed that the state of emergency in Tunisia had been extended by a further two months from 31 July 2015. Accordingly, the FCO has updated its advice, which counsels against all but essential travel to the country,” the company said in a statement.
“In light of these developments, and given that we have no clear indication as to when the FCO travel advice may change, Thomas Cook can confirm that it has taken the decision to cancel all bookings to Tunisia up until 13 February 2016.”
In this week’s attack, Islamist militants were riding a motorbike after shooting the police officer.
TTG Digital / eTN

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here