February 9th, 2012 – As part of a drive to identify and promote the best free WiFi meeting facilities in and around London, the London Hotels Insight team recently inspected the meeting rooms of Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf.
As the leading social media authority on London hotels (independently verified on a number of sites like Topsy.com and socialmedialibrary.co.uk), London Hotels Insight now offers free consultation and advice to companies seeking a high-quality conference venue in or around the UK capital. The site’s expert London hotel bloggers apply a demanding checklist of criteria on each site visit and only accept invitations from hotels offering free WiFi.
Due to the global economic slowdown, many local and international companies are more budget-conscious than ever before. Even in a generally expensive city like London they are increasingly on the look-out for the best value for money they can get in arranging their conference. But this should ideally entail no compromise on the quality of facilities and service delivered.
Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf has the advantage of being located out of the West End (albeit close to the bustling financial centre of Canary Wharf) which gives it a natural edge in terms of being able to offer a little bit extra for any given budget.
The objective of the London Hotels Insight team was to see if the hotel’s core meetings services and product could match or even exceed the quality of some of its more expensive central London competitors. Here are some of the key observations from a recent site visit:
– The inspection team did a “free WiFi touchdown” during their visit of Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf and found the internet to work flawlessly – a massive benefit for companies organising big conferences who need their executives to be ready for business straight away. London Hotels Insight has previously collected extensive evidence to suggest that free WiFi is now a very basic expectation for leisure and business travellers alike. Unfortunately, many London hotels continue to impose steep extra WiFi charges. Therefore applying a free WiFi filter to the venue selection process significantly narrows down the choice of potential venues.
– The Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf has classy product values as it is an avant-garde, ultra-modern hotel with cutting-edge facilities. The IT infrastructure and audiovisual equipment are state-of-the-art while the architecture has a sleek, minimalist feel and is at the same time perfectly functional. Daylight is maximised throughout – an aspect which certainly cannot be taken for granted in central London.
– The hotel provides a dedicated account manager for each event who will make sure that everything is planned and executed flawlessly from beginning to end, offering a style of service that anticipates but never assumes. The staff members who led the London Hotels Insight tour of the facilities were professional and knowledgeable.
– Events are delivered under the Radisson Edwardian “MeetWell” philosophy with a green meetings mindset that aims to reduce environmental waste, with carefully-sourced, well-prepared fresh meals and snacks provided for conferences. The food and beverage offering looks sensible because it focuses on a selective menu delivered to a high standard, with the option of bespoke items on request.
– It is fairly rare for meeting rooms in London to offer extensive natural light in meeting areas to help keep delegates refreshed and alert. This is likely to have obvious productivity benefits for clients.
– The visiting London Hotel Insight team noted that the hotel business centre is available for the benefit of meetings clients, with laptops, free WiFi and printers provided to make sure that executives can fully prepare themselves for important presentations. Another advantage of the hotel’s conferencing facilities which really distinguishes it from other 4 star hotels in London is the beautiful river views over the Thames which can be enjoyed through enormous windows.
– An added bonus is the hotel spa (also open to the public) which allows guests to let off steam in the aromatic crystal steam room, the stone oven sauna and the panoramic Relaxation Room, perhaps after visiting the fully-equipped gym. The quality of the spa facility is validated by the fact that there is a BA Club Word Arrivals Service at the hotel whereby passengers from New York JFK to London City Airport are able to stop off at the spa and relax with a treatment while their suit or shirt is being pressed, preparing themselves for a productive day’s business.
London Hotels Insight concluded after the site tour that Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf offers high-quality meeting and conferencing spaces and an attractive value proposition to companies looking to hold meetings in London. For corporate bookers who are looking for Canary Wharf meeting rooms, the location is absolutely ideal.
In specific terms, the venue inspection team highlights the following key factors for meeting bookers to consider: free WiFi, value-added event management, a sustainable meetings management policy, natural light in all meeting rooms, an excellent location and a relaxing ambience (complemented by the excellent spa) in contrast to the hustle and bustle of central London. The unforgettable river views are an added benefit.
London Hotels Insight recommends that interested companies and individuals get in touch directly with Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +44 (0)20 7987 6566 and providing the specifics of their meeting or event.
Alternatively, conference organisers can also contact London Hotels Insight if they require further advice on this or other London meeting venues.