The IHG® Rewards Club “Reel Summer” Video Contest Will Reward a Member of the Hotel Loyalty Program with a Trip to New York City and Meet-and-Greet with Lucas
NEW YORK – This week in New York City, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) [LON: IHG, NYSE: IHG (ADRs)], one of the world’s leading hotel companies, illustrates how movies inspire travel through its “Reel Summer” video contest on the heels of announcing its “Reel Summer” promotion. From June 2 through Sept. 2, 2014, movie fans in the U.S., Canada, Chile and Colombia can record a short video on their mobile device, showcasing their creativity and passion for the movies. One lucky IHG® Rewards Club member will win the grand prize–an exclusive meet-and-greet and one-on-one sit-down lunch with actor Josh Lucas, star of “Sweet Home Alabama,” “Glory Road” and the upcoming NBC TV show “The Mysteries of Laura” scheduled to air in the U.S.
The “Reel Summer” video contest offers IHG® Rewards Club members a chance to demonstrate their star power in just 15 seconds using their mobile device.
• Eligible participants should register online at www.ihg.com/myreelsummer and record a 15-second video, via their smartphones or tablets, showcasing their passion for the movies or describing a recent real life story reminiscent of a “movie moment”
• The final video should be uploaded to Instagram and include the #ReelSummerContest hashtag
• All approved submissions will be featured in an online gallery at www.ihg.com/myreelsummer, where consumers can vote daily for their favorite video and share videos across social media networks
• The top 25 videos earning the most consumer votes will be sent to a casting director who, upon review, will select the grand prize winner
• The contest runs from June 2, 2014 through midnight EDT on Sept. 2, 2014
In addition to the online contest component, IHG® Rewards Club will be placing “Reel Summer” pop-up video kiosks in New York City, Atlanta, San Francisco and Toronto throughout the months of June and July. At each kiosk, passers-by will be invited to step in front of a green screen, select their props and record a 15-second video to submit to the “Reel Summer” contest.
Everyone is invited to visit the kiosks:
• Wednesday, June 4, 2014: Flatiron Plaza North in New York from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. EDT
• Saturday, June 14, 2014: Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. EDT
• Sunday, June 22, 2014: Toronto Eaton Centre in Toronto, Canada from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. EDT
• Friday, July 18, 2014: Justin Herman Plaza in San Francisco from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. PDT
The “Reel Summer” video contest is part of the “Reel Summer” promotion, which launched on June 2, 2014, and offers IHG® Rewards Club members daily chances to win one of five Hollywood experiences valued at approximately $10,000 each, as well as thousands of movie-themed instant prizes such as free movie theater tickets. The promotion and contest commemorate the recently signed agreement between IHG and Coca-Cola whereby IHG® Rewards Club members and all guests in the U.S. can expect to enjoy Coca-Cola soft drink and juice brands during their stay at any hotel in the IHG family of brands. The new agreement will provide a best-in-class and consistent beverage brand experience for guests across all IHG hotel brands in the U.S., including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo® Hotels, Holiday Inn® Hotels, Holiday Inn Express® Hotels, Staybridge Suites® Hotels and Candlewood Suites® Hotels, as well as provided on-post at IHG Army Hotels properties. In addition, select Coca-Cola products will be available for sale at IHG’s new wellness-focused brand, EVEN™ Hotels.
For more information on the “Reel Summer” video contest, full terms and conditions, or to enter the contest, please visit www.ihg.com/myreelsummer. The contest is open to residents of the U.S., Canada, Chile and Colombia who are 21 years of age or older. In order to win, entrants must also be IHG® Rewards Club members. Membership is free and guests can enroll at ihgrewardsclub.com or by downloading the IHG® app.
About IHG® Rewards Club
With more than 79 million members globally, IHG® Rewards Club, formerly Priority Club® Rewards, is the first, largest and fastest-growing guest loyalty program in the hotel industry. Named Best Hotel Rewards Program in the World seven years running by Global Traveler magazine, IHG Rewards Club offers sought-after benefits and is easy to use. In addition to flexible features like No Points Expiration, No Blackout Dates, Points & Cash, Flights AnywhereTM and Hotels AnywhereTM, IHG Rewards Club members have hundreds of options for point redemption including: Reward Nights, music downloads, brand merchandise and retail gift cards. Enrollment in IHG Rewards Club is free. Guests can sign up by logging onto ihgrewardsclub.com, by calling 1-888-211-9874 or by inquiring at the front desk of any of IHG’s 4,700+ hotels worldwide.