New Hotel Brand Delivers a Fresh Approach to Travel, Truly Enabling Wellness on the Road
ATLANTA (June 19, 2014) – InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) today announces the opening of its first EVEN™ Hotels property in Norwalk, Connecticut. Launched in 2012 and based in the US, EVEN Hotels is IHG’s newest lifestyle and wellness hotel brand. It is designed to meet the large and growing demand for wellness-minded travellers to maintain their balance on the road.
The brand was developed as part of IHG’s extensive and industry-leading consumer insight and segmentation work. This has equipped IHG with a deep understanding of guest needs and the occasions they travel for allowing us to identify further opportunities for growth. It also reflects IHG’s commitment to innovation to ensure the ever changing needs of our guests are met. The announcement comes ahead of the opening of our first HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts property, the first luxury international hotel brand designed specifically for the Chinese guest.
As at 31st March 2014, there were 4 other EVEN Hotels in the pipeline (excluding the Norwalk property). The pipeline includes two properties in midtown Manhattan; one in Brooklyn, New York; and one in Rockville, Maryland, which is expected to open before the end of Q2 2014. The brand’s key markets include the Tri-state area, the Washington, D.C. area, San Francisco, Chicago, Denver, Portland, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Commenting on the opening, Kirk Kinsell, President, the Americas, IHG said: “Today is truly a milestone for IHG as we announce the opening of our first EVEN Hotels property in Norwalk and prepare to open our second in Rockville, Maryland later this month. We know that for the traveling public, the ability to maintain their health routine while on the road is becoming more and more important and EVEN Hotels provides the tools and encouragement to make healthier choices while on the road at an approachable price point.
“Through a carefully designed hotel and service culture, created with the needs of our target guest at the core, we know EVEN Hotels can deliver a better experience to travellers for whom wellness is so important. We firmly believe that the EVEN brand will be a key driver in market share growth in the U.S. as well as a unique, differentiated choice for our franchise owners.”
The EVEN brand helps travellers make healthier choices that impact every aspect of their personal wellness at an affordable price point. This is something no other hotel brand does. The brand is focused on ensuring guests Eat Well, Rest Easy, Keep Active and Accomplish More:
– A Simple.Natural.Good. food and beverage promise
– A menu of freshly prepared menu items that guests can tailor based on their preference
– Healthy grab-and-go items with clear nutritional and ingredient labelling
– Guestroom flow and designed to reduce clutter and promote relaxation
– A Premium Sleep System featuring natural eucalyptus linens offering a cooler sleep
– Adjustable LED mood lighting
– Revitalizing showers with all natural EO bath products
– An In-Room Training Zone workout using the EVEN Hotels Trainer
– Natural light filled three-zone Athletic Studio
– Spin and yoga classes help
– Regular General Manager-led morning community runs
– Comfortable, ergonomically designed movable work spaces configured to integrate with their working preferences
– Fast and free Wi-Fi
– Easily accessible multi-media ports both in rooms and throughout common spaces
– Tablet-based digital programming
– 40-inch HDTV
Outside the hotel, EVEN Hotels supports the needs of travellers through wellwellwell.com, a website and go-to source for travellers, designed to help them travel well wherever they are on the road.