America’s Top Haunts to Deliver Unique Immersive Experiences this October
Hauntworld (www.hauntworld.com), the world’s largest Halloween resource and online directory of haunted houses and activities, released its Top 15 list of haunted attractions in the U.S. Halloween has grown exponentially in the last decade, ballooning into a 15 billion dollar industry Consumers, who are spending over one billion on Halloween activities, are demanding newer, scarier attractions this season. Hauntworld’s list of the top haunted experiences includes the most creative and terrifying haunts anywhere in the U.S., and they have all added something new and special this year.
“There’s no creativity ceiling on the Halloween industry. Consumers expect haunted houses to be scarier every year, so the industry has to tap into modern technology, be truly innovative and create the best experiences possible in order to keep people coming back,” said Larry Kirchner, owner of www.Hauntworld.com. “The haunts on this year’s list are especially impressive and unique. I’ve never seen such ingenious designs and diversity between the top houses in the country. No two houses on the list have the same theme, and each brings its own brand of artistry to the table – there is something on here for everyone, and if you love Halloween, the houses on this list are a must-see.”
Top 15 Haunts
1. Haunted Overload – Lee, NH: The vibrant, organic design, set in an eerie dark New England forest, creates an assault of the senses for its patrons.
2. Headless Horseman – Ulster Park, NY: An immersive experience with a theme that changes each year, and includes ten separate attractions including The Lunar Motel, Glutton’s Diner & Slaughter House, and Slither’s Pet Shop.
3. The 13th Gate – Baton Rouge, LA: Centered around a real swamp, the 13th Gate features nightly voodoo shows, claustrophobic cellars, hidden subterranean passages and a prehistoric ice cave all seamlessly woven together.
4. The Dent Schoolhouse – Cincinnati, OH: Taking place in an actual haunted schoolhouse, The Dent Schoolhouse features spectacular set design that tells the legend of a murderous janitor who is said to still haunt its halls.
5. Netherworld – Atlanta, GA: A self-guided, dark attraction known for its over-the-top special effects, Netherworld features intense make-up, elaborate costuming, skilled stunt actors, unique monsters, unusual themes and chilling detail.
6. 13th Floor – San Antonio, TX: 13th Floor features all new haunts in 2015, including a “Burial Ground” where a hotel manager’s basement has been tunneled out to make room for the remains of the outcast experiments and victims of those who reside in the upstairs mansion as part of the “secret society.”
7. Bennett’s Curse – Baltimore, MD: Known for its incredible array of giant monsters and skillfully themed shows, this year Bennett’s Curse is featuring the all-new show “Legends of Halloween,” a frightful journey filled with everything you’d expect to see in a classic Halloween setting, but with a horrific Bennett’s Curse twistt.
8. Erebus – Pontiac, MI: New to Erebus this year are the Dungeon of Dread, filled with unnerving, tormented souls that are sure to make your blood run cold, and the Undead Dolls Quarter, where toys that once filled the dreams of children are now a living nightmare for adults.
9. Bates Motel – Philadelphia, PA: Celebrating its 25th anniversary, The Bates Motel is a huge Victorian mansion filled with computer controlled animatronics, digital sound and lighting, amazingly detailed rooms and top quality actors, making this event one you will always remember.
10. The Darkness – St Louis, MO: The Darkness features a combination of amazing special effects, animations and set design, including the famous Terror Visions in 3D where crazed clowns lurk around every corner.
11. Cutting Edge – Dallas, TX: This Guinness World record holding haunted house is thick with music, entertainment and the anticipation of the dark and foreboding journey waiting just beyond the Giant Skull Entrance for an hour-long adventure, referred to as one of the longest adrenaline rushes you can buy.
12. Spookywoods – Greensboro, NC: New for 2015 at Kersey Valley Spookywoods are the Escape Rooms and a new 3 story Haunted Manor, which sends guests into a 50,000 square foot haunted maze featuring monsters, ghouls and zombies, and over 150 costumed characters.
13. House of Torment – Chicago, IL: This multilayered psychological thriller is more like a trip through a modern horror movie than a haunted house complete with detailed sets, iconic characters and chilling environments.
14. Hex House – Tulsa, OK: Hex House features a true tale of mystery, murder, and the occult from Tulsa’s dark past and a real sense of terror permeates every inch of the eerily lit corridors and ghastly rooms in Oklahoma’s premier haunted attraction.
15. Fear Experience – Cleveland, OH: Ohio’s biggest, best and scariest haunted house, every season Fear Experience expands its haunted house, adding new attractions such as this year’s BioTeck Solutions – a trip through a genetic research lab filled with monsters.