A purpose built, Grecian, gadget lovers’ temple with views of Lake Windermere is now available for breaks and weddings.
The building is inspired by a ‘Temple of Vesta’ on the island home of a local Victorian entrepreneur Alexander Brogden, who built the Furness railway in south west Cumbria.
With work completed last autumn this six metre (internal) diameter building combines classical good looks with the best modern technology to provide guests with intuitive, finger tip control over everything from lighting to music to warm towels and TV.
Technology triumphs in seven ways, all delivered by Majik House, whose clients include key Manchester United and Manchester City players as well as stars from popular TV soap shows:
1. clever technology means external lights only come on at dusk and go off at sunrise (as much as a five hour variance)
2. the lighting technology in the folly means when lights are low energy bills are too, unlike dimmer switches which ‘spill’ unwanted light
3. A single control operates everything from towel rails, to changing the lighting, opening the sky light and revealing the TV which drops down on a special lift
4. Carefully designed LED sensory mood lighting makes the most of the internal space and the adjacent garden
5. Speakers, discretely placed in the ceiling, give great acoustics and mean you can play your own music.
6. There’s no techie clutter as everything is hidden away including the iPort docking station for an iPod or iPhone which is recessed into the wall
7. A clever lift brings the 42 inch plasma LG television out of the domed ceiling when needed.
Perfect for two and set in the grounds of the Newby Bridge Hotel it’s available from £200 per night (including a full English breakfast, use of the main hotel spa, gym, pool and dining facilities).
For wedding hire by day it provides an elegant and intimate setting for a civil ceremony for 12, by night it cleverly converts into a beautiful bridal suite with a view, through the glass domed ceiling, of the heavenly night-skies across Britain’s most romantic National Park.
Newby Bridge Hotel: 015395 31222
The award-winning team at The Majik House have been designing and installing home cinema, music and integrated, automated systems for over 75 years and, from their base in Kirkby Lonsdale, work for both private residential and commercial clients throughout the UK.
For all enquiries, please contact Tim Burrows, Partner at The Majik House: 015242 73578.