Copenhagen Airport continues its gastronomic upgrade. Before the summer, the steak restaurant MASH opened, and today, the airport adds yet another well-known brand to its selection of great dining experiences with Le Sommelier Bar & Bistro.
This year, the travellers in Copenhagen Airport will have an early, culinary Christmas gift, when the French inspired Le Sommelier Bar & Bistro opens today. The new restaurant will offer French bistro food and a 36-meter-long bar. It is a simpler version of its ’older brother’ Le Sommelier in downtown Copenhagen – a bistro version that reflects the location in one of Northern Europe’s busiest airports.
As in the restaurant in Copenhagen, the popular French gourmet chef Francis Cardenau will compose the menu and cater to hungry travellers in the new airport bar and bistro.
– Le Sommelier Bar & Bistro will reflect that very special airport atmosphere: A simple concept, where travellers are able to relax in our lounge area and have an authentic quality meal or hang out in the bar and enjoy a beer or a glass of wine, while waiting for their flight.
– The restaurant will serve light French dishes based on the best ingredients, including a charcuterie plate, for which we have selected the best sausages from France, Spain and Italy. We will also serve shellfish and oysters and we have a special rotisserie, which makes it possible for us to grill chicken and other delicacies. Moreover, the bistro is family-friendly with a special menu for the children, says Jesper Boelskifte, CEO at Copenhagen Concepts, which is behind Le Sommelier Bar & Bistro.
Local heroes strengthen the travel experience
Copenhagen Airport looks forward to welcoming yet another ’local hero’ from the top of the Danish restaurant scene:
– Gastronomy has become one of Denmark’s strongest trade marks, and we are constantly working to create the right mix of international brands and so-called ’local heroes’ that give the travellers a taste of what Copenhagen has to offer, says VP Sales and Market at Copenhagen Airport, Carsten Nørland, and continues:
– With the addition of Le Sommelier Bar & Bistro, we build on the quality experiences which we want Copenhagen Airport to be known for – domestically as well as abroad. The dining experiences are an important element in the overall travel experience and in our efforts to position Copenhagen Airport as the strongest transport hub in Northern Europe.
A fantastic showcase location
Denmark’s largest food and beverage company SSP runs the majority of the restaurants at CPH and is in charge of the operation of the new Le Sommelier Bistro & Bar. SSP has co-operated with Copenhagen Airports since 1975.
– Le Sommelier Bar & Bistro is an obvious addition to the food and beverage offer in the airport, as the bistro concept covers a variety of needs: It appeals to businessmen as well as families with children and is relevant 24 hours a day – whether the need is a breakfast ’to go’, a business lunch, a glass of wine in the bar or a good evening meal, says Henrik Andersen, Managing Director in SSP.
– The airport is known for its high standard and quality, and it is a fantastic showcase location towards the rest of the world. We are happy to be able to present Le Sommelier Bar & Bistro in an international environment. After the first successful months with MASH, I am convinced that Le Sommelier Bar & Bistro also will be popular among the travellers, says Jesper Boelskifte from Copenhagen Concepts.
Le Sommelier Bar & Bistro is located in Terminal 2 near the entrance to Pier B after the security check.