Home News Agents on fam trip poisoned to death

Agents on fam trip poisoned to death


Travel agents from Russia allegedly drink methanol mix in Turkey

Three travel agents in a group of 60 have died after drinking what appears to have been poisonous alcohol during a party on an evening yacht cruise in the Turkish resort of Bodrum. The travel agency managers, most of whom were from Russia, paid $50 to join the evening cruise, after which food and drink could be consumed freely. Those who drank whiskey straight or in cocktails fell ill and it is believed that methanol had been mixed with the whiskey.
Twenty-one people were affected. Some of the agents remain in hospital and one is in a coma. Survivors say that they thought the drinks tasted strange and too strong. An investigation is being carried out.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here